“A ship in a harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”
~ William Shedd
The premise of coaching
You might not be able to change the world, but if you change how you operate in your world, your world will change around you.
You might not be able to change other people, but if you change the way you connect with them, they will respond differently, and you will transform your relationships.
You can do it on your own.
But you might do it faster, with less stress, and with more impact if you have the right support.
That’s where I come in.
How I coach
I will believe in you,
even especially when you don’t believe in yourself.
I am impartial, yet I’m always on your side.
I have no vested interest in what you choose to do or how, but I celebrate alongside you when you succeed.
I remind you to explore the terrain off the beaten track, not just charge ahead on the path well-trodden by others.
I spot the stories you tell yourself, the ones that hinder you, and then I help you re-write them into constructive beliefs that power your development.
I won’t lie to you, directly or by omission. This means I may sometimes say things you don’t want to hear.
I point out out patterns in your thinking and behaviour that might be holding you back.
I show you how you can see things from alternative perspectives.
I challenge you, and support you in challenging yourself. Nothing great happens inside comfort zones.
I enable you to realise that your thoughts, behaviours and feelings are selective, and empower you to make different choices.
I remind you that your courage bucket is full, when you are searching for droplets at the bottom of your confidence bucket.
I am your companion on your development journey: we are shoulder-to-shoulder.
- You want to create your own opportunities, rather than wait for them to show up.
- You are ready to be candid about your strengths, perspectives, and challenges.
- You might be at a crossroads in your professional life, and are unsure how to make your decision.
- You recognise that you may have more personal resources than you thought, and are prepared to experiment with tapping into them.
- Your circumstances might be changing around you, and you want to take more control over what happens next.
- You may be harbouring a secret dream or ambition, and you’ve run out of excuses for keeping it hostage on your someday/maybe list.
- You’re committed to your development and willingly invest your time and energy in your growth.
If you’re ready, and you think we might be a good fit for a coaching partnership, connect with me and let’s start a conversation.
I work within the British Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
… changed my whole outlook
Yet again I found our conversation incredibly helpful. Your tip on authenticity – being comfortable with owning the truth in a professional setting really changed my whole outlook.
Above all I found the courage…
I have a concrete action plan, with guidance to help adapt my strongly academic portfolio to something attractive to an industrial employer. Talking through my ideas without fear of retribution or difficulties. Above all I found the courage to actually do what I had been debating for much too long.
You helped me remove the forest
Although the answers were in front of me, I guess, talking with you helped to ‘un-ravel’ the various ideas in my head. You helped me remove the forest – to see the trees!
Changed my life
Since ‘writing my name’ on the front of the first workbook I have done more in these past 6 weeks than I have done in the last 6 months. OMG! YOU HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE. Thank you